A note to all of our May Long teams, players, referees, families and volunteers.
We are closely monitoring the Covid-19 situation.
The health and safety of all participants in our annual Salt Spring Island Challenge Cup May Long Tournament will be central to our decision making process around our tournament.
We are committed to following the direction given by the BC Ministry of Health and by BC Soccer, who both are currently advising to not proceed with soccer events involving 250+ people. Their current direction is for events occurring during March and April. Our tournament, set for May 16 & 17, falls outside of that timeline. For this reason we are holding off making a decision about going ahead or cancelling our tournament until guidelines are in place for May.
A decision will be made with plenty of time for teams to cancel hotel and ferry reservations if the tournament cannot go ahead.
In the meantime, we are accepting team registrations. In the event of a tournament cancelation all teams will receive full refunds.
Your May Long Team ⚽️ 🤞